Spencer Hubbard


 
Thijman responds to Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2004 by Tema Stauffer

 
 






My project is about a woman named Keitha. I photographed Keitha in a small apartment Located in a Los Angeles neighborhood call Korea-Town. I found out parts of her neighborhood were once destroyed during the Rodney King riots. Keitha represents many things.

Keitha is close friend of my parents. She represents things that can be considered disadvantages in American culture. She is: female, black and an artist. Many people have ideas about who they think she is based on these three things. Most times these ideas about Keitha are very different than mine. Keitha works very hard because she wants to make an impact in America. I think she is an Artist because she does not want to be silenced. She wants to tell her own story.

Comments

Popular Posts