Vincent Temesvary

                                         Whitney Elson responds to George, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Paterson, New Jersey, 2011 by Tema Stauffer






 
                                                                    
The place I went to photograph is the Venice Beach boardwalk. I wanted to give the viewer a sense of the magic and sadness that seems to appear on this boardwalk:  Different people in the landscape, evidence of the past and vendors. While photographing I specifically sought out people of color. My father is Hungarian, my mother is Mexican American. My family members are diverse, because of this it was important for me to have black and brown people in my photographs. I wanted to see something of myself in these photographs. I wanted to take photographs of things the way I experience them.

Comments

Popular Posts